A 24-year-old lady left paralyzed after inhaling laughing gas


Olivia Golding,24 from Bristol revealed in a video on facebook that she is paralyzed and it's due to inhaling laughing gas which contains nitrous oxide. She told ITV news;"I felt like I'd been in the gym for six hours," Attending hospital, Olivia recalled how odd the sensation was. "I was walking in literally like an 80-year-old woman,"

She also worte on her facebook; "Day 3 of being bed bound, I wanted to write this on social media to [raise] awareness to all of my friends that also use balloons of what the balloon is actually doing to your body.

"If this just stops one person from doing them I feel I would have succeeded in some way."
"The [nitrous] oxide that is put into the balloon that we all crave is actually starving your brain of oxygen and eating away at your nervous system," she wrote.

"I have no feeling in my body from my calves to my shoulders and cannot use my hands. The doctors are now going to focus on trying to reverse this but I wanted to make everyone aware that the 20 second high off that one balloon could cause you weeks in hospital teaching yourself to walk properly again."

"My treatment has begun so now it’s a waiting game of the reversibility and the praying that it’s reversible."

NHS warns; "This risk is likely to be greater if the gas is consumed in an enclosed space or if a substantial amount is rapidly used," "Mixing nitrous oxide with alcohol is especially dangerous as it can increase the risks associated with both substances and can lead to an increased risk of accidents or death,"

Wow,take note guys...I hope you recovery from this Olivia.

Share this

0 Comment to "A 24-year-old lady left paralyzed after inhaling laughing gas"

Post a Comment

Express yourself,Have fun and be nice...

For advert/inquiries
Email- Uchechiigbo@gmail.com
twitter- @babiousB